SHOTS FIRED . . . .
Week 1 is done and in the books. Teams came to play and the fans were in the building. Well let’s get to it...Week 1 of Shots FIRED….
1) GOMAB…GOMAB…GOMAB…When they brought in their bag of jersey’s I said, well I guess we are going to have the junior team play first and then the adults will play. Not sure we have time for it but ok. Then it happen…they decide to adorn pennies…YES …Blue Scrimmage Vest with numbers on it. For those that were not there…let me paint the picture. Remember back in the day at recess when you had two teams ready to play kickball. The PE teacher threw out the red and/or yellow mesh, halter top jerseys. Well that is what this team was wearing…Come on Man! ! !
2) Now since we are still talking about GOMAB. If you are going to bring attention to yourself then at least put up some stats. #22 Jernon Fowler, decided to wear one green show with blue shoelaces and yep you guessed it. One blue shoe with green shoelaces. So naturally we watched this player and he missed layup, after layup, after layup…finished the game with 5 points and a loss. I suggest you wear the shoes the way they came in the box; it may help you on your layups.
3) Our, ARE YOU OK? Player of the Week goes to #14 Kenneth Davis from the Desert Ques. While trying to play defense on #1 Justin Wiggins from the LA Kappas. Davis’s feet went one way and his brain went another and his body said,”Just go down my brother”. As Wiggins went by he had time to stop, make a sandwich, take a bite, crouch down and says HEY ARE YOU OK???. According to The Frat Games, ice and ankle braces will now be on deck. Kenneth Davis your care package is ready.
4) The Frat Games has a DJ, playing songs during timeouts, at halftime and before the games. Now what we did not know is he had just got back from the Robinson/Johnson family reunion because DJ LA Steve played nothing but old school songs. Now we understand that it is a family event but I have never seen players have to warm-up to Frankie Beverly and Maze. So for the next games can you please get some songs made in the 2000s and add it to your rotation, the players will thank you and so will the fans.
5) In the spirit of Building a tradition and not resting upon one, the Iotas elected not to wear jerseys but to wear a mixed bag of t-shirts. Electricians and Plumbers across the nation cringed at the blatant misuse and abuse of duct tape. For those that were not there, let me paint the picture for you. The Iotas colors are gold and brown. There were 2 guys in yellow shirts, 2 guys in brown shirts, and 1 guy in a black shirt, whom we still believe they picked up at Magic Johnson’s 24 Hour Fitness and asked the universal question, Hey man you want to ball.
One guy had the audacity to not only duct tape a number on the back but also his Greek letters on the front. Mid way thru the game the letters and numbers were so embarrassed they just fell off the T-shirt. A fan was heard yelling, “What can Brown do for you”? Another answered, “Get some damn jerseys”.
So to The Frat Games Sponsors, The Dorton Firm, Scosche, and Greek Season, can you help them out? If not, well then here are 5 suggestions the IOTAS need to do before the next game:
1) Call Ant League, he presses his own shirts. I am sure he has some in his garage he can give you.
2) Check out eastbay.com they have jerseys on sale.
3) Just wear the same damn wife-beaters at least you will look uniformed.
4) Ask the Gomab team if you can borrow their scrimmage vest.
5) Go down to Slauson’s Swamp Meet and get 5 t-shirts for $10.00
BUT DO NOT COME BACK IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY JERSEYS.
Well ladies and gents, until the next game on April 14, 2012, have a great Easter and remember to get you Shots Up………Mad Hooper…GONE ! !
HERE is One Shot for the Road:
1) To Baby girl in the head wrap, holes in the jeans, and motorcycle AKA jacket….one word…HEY ! !