SHOTS FIRED . . . .
Week 2…will be forever known as FASHION WEEK…the debut of new uniforms helped some teams and hurt others. Well let’s get to it...Week 2 of Shots FIRED….
1) While we would like to commend GOMAB and the IOTAS for taking the frat games serious, getting some jerseys and looking like a real basketball team. My staff and I want to know what the hell are the QUES doing? Why is it that some players are changing their number every week? Each week one or two guys come in wearing a totally different jersey and number than they had on the week before. For those who were not there ….let me paint the picture for you. The first week #22 TerranceTrunell, decided to where a purple and gold softball jersey. I guess he did not get the memo that we are playing Frat Games Basketball and softball starts in June. This past week he wore a Kobe Bryant #8 jersey, and while being in the spirit of 1911 he also decided to wear some red and white shorts. It is rumored that “Mr. Centennial” aka Trunell will have on a full camouflage suit and gold boots by the end of the season.
2) Now since we are talking about Jerseys…we must talk about shorts. When Tedric Williams for the Gorillas decided to come to the game we did not know he was coming straight from the beach. He had on some tropical looking Bermuda board shorts on…sand was still falling off his shorts as he dropped 19 points on the Iotas. A classic example of it ain’t the shorts it’s the game…….well that cannot be said for # 3 Mr. Vicker for the Desert Ques. Because he was not happy with the length of his shorts. I know what you are thinking…he wanted them longer so he started sagging…..ummmmm NO. This is 6’5’’ guy decided that his shorts were not short enough and proceeded to roll up the bottoms of his shorts to match the length of what Magic Johnson wore in 1979…..COME ON MAN ! ! !
3) Our, ARE YOU OK? Player of the Week goes to # Ernie Burries aka “I GET BUCKETS” from the Desert Ques. While trying to stop the fast break got caught up in a nasty Euro Step by #12 Ross Perry from the True Blue Sigmas. For those that were not there….let me paint the picture for you. Perry is driving fast down the right side of the lane…but defense stopper “I GET BUCKETS” is closing in. Perry with his eye on the rim plants his first step hard to the right. “I GET BUCKETS” moves left to cut him off. In a flash, Perry takes a monster step to his left to avoid the defender. “I GET BUCKET’S” mind told him to go right but his body kept going left. Perry paused in mid air, smiled for the camera, and laid the ball in. “I GET BUCKETS” ended up near the Sigmas bench and Coach Tay in dramatic fashion said… HEY ARE YOU OK???. Please remember the FRAT GAMES does have ice and ankle braces on deck. Ernie aka “I GET BUCKETS” your care package is ready.
4) Now it has been said if you are going to draw attention to yourself then the least you can do is but up stats. In week 1, this team came out in black uniforms with red writing, looking oh so fresh and so clean. They got a win and were poised to show the world that they are contenders and not pretenders. In week 2, they came in red uniforms with black writing and even had custom made warm up shirts on. Too bad they never warmed up because they scored a measly 27points. No not in the first quarter…not in the first half…but in 40 minutes of action an embarrassing TWENTY- SEVEN POINTS. WE suggest the LA Nupe team stop worrying about what you look like and get to working on your jump shot. We also suggest you go back to wearing black because as they say black don’t crack and right now yall are all broken up.
5) While we are still talking about the NUPES…If you are not sure why you only scored 27 points…let me tell you. You have to get the ball past half court first before you can even think about scoring. I mean this team could not dribble it at all. The ball was going off their foot, their legs, hell it even went off their face. How does that happen? I do not know. What I do know is that on this Thursday Night, 7 p.m. at Gardena High, Cal Elite 13U AAU Girls Team will be having a dribbling skills clinic. There will be cones, jump ropes and obstacles. The following people need to attend starting with: THE WHOLE DAMN TEAM man…THE WHOLE DAMN TEAM !
Well ladies and gents, until the next game on Saturday April 21, 2012, remember to get you Shots Up………Mad Hooper…GONE ! !
HERE is One Shot for the Road:
1) To Baby girl in the mustard yellow jeans….one word…..HEY!!