SHOTS FIRED . . . .
Chris Corbin Cancer Awareness Week was a success…Great turnout, good games, and family fun, is what FRAT GAMES is all about. Let’s get to it ....Week 4 Shots FIRED….
1) 1) The Nupes choose not to take the Mad Hooper’s advice and wear white jersey’s but to come back out in the infamous “Black don’t crack” uniforms again. However one guy decided he was not going to wear uniform and came out in a homemade jersey. For those that were not there let me pain the picture for you. This guy was involved in a mid season trade for 2 cases of Gatorade and Cash from the LA Kappa team. So while his team had on professionally done uniforms, # 2 Chris Bailey decided to wear an old black ASHY tank top. It looked like he spray painted the name of the front and the number 2 on the back. In the first half, it did not appear he even knew how to dribble. The ball was bouncing off his legs and face at times. Some fans said I guess the Kappas made a good trade. In the second half, he came alive and almost hit the game winner…(Side note: Remember I said almost…they still won’t just wear white jersey’s..SMH). So just maybe the homemade jersey is his secret because he finished as the second leading scorer with 11 points
2) As the season gets close, it is obvious that teams are trying to get the best seed possible for the playoffs. This was evident with the Alphas. Coming in to week 4, this team was only one game behind the 1st place teams True Blue Sigmas and Gorillas. The Alphas were short handed on Saturday and had to play 2 games. They did get some fraternal love from Chuck Nixon, from the Gorillas and top 5 in scoring this season, by coaching the team to a much needed win against the Iotas. The Alphas next game was against the Ques and with that win they would still remain only a game out of first place. Now to the surprise of many their new coach was nowhere to be found during that game…..The Alphas lost by 20. Can we say Sabotage?
3) Our Are you ok? Player of the week goes to #14 William Rall, from The Alphas. For the 2nd week in a row my main man, Sloan “Showbiz” Baptise has dunked on someone. For those that were not there, let me pain the picture for you. As the Ques and Alphas were going after a loose ball, Baptise appeared to be getting in position. Ed Campbell for the Ques retrieves the ball, turns to the basket and goes full steam on attack. As the Alphas defender tries to step up, Campbell makes a quick pass to Baptise. Rall slides over in Baptise direction and before he knows it, Baptise was on the Omega airline, flight #1911 headed to the rim. Rall decided he could no longer watch the poster being handed to him and turn his back as to “Oh No..not Showbiz”. In ala Blake Griffin style…Baptise throws the ball in the rim and man region all on Rall’s neck. The Ques in the stand stand starting barking. The Omega airline starting its decent back down from orbit and Rall looked in the stands as to say, “The Mad Hooper is gonna get me”…Well Rall you are right…You just been…SHOT ! ! !
4) Now it has been said, if you are going to bring attention to yourself then at least put up some stats. Also I would like to add, if you are going to talk some noise on the court then please back it up. #24 Monroe Alexander from the LA Kappas decided to talk a lot of noise in the game against the True Blue Sigmas. Now he did not start talking when the game started. He didn’t even start when they were winning. He started when the Kappas was down 8…and then 12…and then 15 with 2 minutes left. All that talking and he has a whooping NILL in all major statistical categories for the game. (For those who are not hip on the word nill…means ZERO…or ZILLLCH). Yes..no points..no nothing. I suggest you follow the veterans on your team like Marquis, Jeff, and J-Wig, shut up and talk the ass whooping. Because right now your game is looking like your talking…STRAIGHT TRASH Homie.
5) The Alphas please explain: League Fee for your team $800, Passes to give to fans to get in the games free $200, Three fans to support your two games…Priceless. Yall can not even get the AKA’s to come out and support…that is sad, just sad.
Well ladies and gents, please come out to the game on Saturday May 5, 2012 and check out www.thefratgames.com Get your Shots Up………Mad Hooper…GONE ! CHRIS CORBIN and Family. Remember to get you Shots Up………Mad Hooper…GONE ! !
HERE is One Shot for the Road:
1) Cue the music: 1) To Zip (in the pink jumpsuit), Moon, Diamond, and the rest of the ladies of the Los Angeles Ridertts from the Lady Arena Football League, wearing white tank tops, short shorts and heels….one word…HEY !